Monday, August 17, 2009

That Little Bit Greener...

I recently joined a group of people over at That Little Bit Greener - a great idea for a blog created by Emma & Rachel.
My Photo

This space has been setup to share tips and idea's for treading a little lighter on this earth. I have joined in my vein effort to get my butt in gear. They have something called TLBG Wednesday - where members blog about something related to recycling, reusing, reducing etc...you get the idea.

So today is Wednesday and my first official "post" for TLBG - Here goes...

What I do on a regular basis:
  • Use re-usable shopping bags
  • Recycle as much as I can - paper, plastic, glass, tins etc (more on that in another post)
  • Compost most food waste
  • Have energy saving light bulbs all over the house
A couple of things that I would like to work on:
  • Use more environmentally sound products around our home (paint etc is under investigation)
  • Use environmentally sound cleaning products and home remedies
Recent things that might make me "TLBG":

We recently purchased a new house and fulfilled our dream of moving to the seaside. We were lucky enough that it came with a much bigger garden. We are so pleased to have a greenhouse and an existing compost bin - however we needed a larger compost area. So in an effort to be "TLBG" hubby has been busy this week building a larger compost area....
And an added bonus - all the materials used were left behind by the previous house owners in the garage!...REuse too!!

2 comments:

Living the Dream said...

What a brilliant idea and the compost area looks good, well done hubby. Always somewhere for Bilbo and Bella to "hang out". I will have to go and have a look at that blog, we all certainly need to do something.
Love you clarabelle

Vixbil said...

Ooh, look at you I love it. There are loads of good cleaning prods out there too
xx